Friday, December 19, 2008

Close Call

Well we ended up back at the hospital last night. After our appt yesterday I noticed Carson wasn't moving as much as he usually does. In fact he was hardly moving at all. It's supposed to be 10 movements in 2 hours and I didn't have 10 all day.

So I called the doctor and they told me to go to Labor and Delivery. They hooked me up to the monitor and sure enough he wasn't moving. She checked my cervix and I was 90% effaced but no dialation but she could feel his head and she tickled it a little which he liked. My cervix is also posterior and no where in position. She said they would continue monitoring me and order an ultrasound. But if he still wasn't moving like she'd like they were going to admit me and induce.

After more time went by he started to wake up. I was having lots of contractions but not the "real thing". After an hour and half he was moving all over so they cancelled the ultrasound and sent me home. They did give me an ambien for the insomnia and slept wonderfully (4hours) for a change. Too bad I only got one.

Please keep us in your prayers. I will keep you posted.

No comments: